Gossip

Posted on Updated on

girls-914823_640Gossip.

The mere word grabs the average listener’s attention.

If you think it is only a female fault, think again. Some men not only have the gift of gab; they have the vice of gossip. Children spread gossip too. Before I let myself off the hook, I know that at times I’ve been guilty as charged.

God calls for concealment.

“He who conceals a transgression seeks love,
But he who repeats a matter separates intimate friends (Proverbs 17:9 NAS).”

We have all made mistakes and we sure don’t want them broadcast. When confessed, the LORD forgives. The matter is closed.

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Gossip

Pam Ford Davis responded:
    April 16, 2016 at 10:00 am

Good Morning! Thanks for seeing the post as a good reminder!

danniehawley said:
    April 16, 2016 at 7:28 am

Amen and amen. I think gossip is one of the epidemics in the church today. The devil likes it that way, too. I have learned to bite my tongue a lot sooner, but God is quick to convict me if I’m about to pass something negative along about someone else. I’m glad God cares about us enough to stop us from gossiping. Good reminder, Pam, thanks!

Website: http://www.goldennuggetsandsilvermusings.com Memoir blog: http://www.understandinggod.info

Pam Ford Davis responded:
    April 15, 2016 at 9:56 pm

The power is in the Word of God…
    Thanks again.

Pam Ford Davis responded:
    April 15, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Thank you, Susan. Have a nice weekend!

Susan Tate Ferguson said:
    April 15, 2016 at 9:45 pm

I love this devotional Pam. It’s short and simple, yet powerful. Good job my sister in Christ!

Susan Tate Ferguson said:
    April 15, 2016 at 9:39 pm

I love this devotional Pam. It is simple but it says a lot. It’s short but power packed. Good job!